Saturday, January 26, 2013

Old Photos of South Australia. Early 1920s - Selleck's Beach

The Lill family would be notorious for day parties touring. A grand parcel of friends would load up in the automobiles and away they would go. I wish I had my grandfather's photos of those old days, but they were destroyed when he died in 1962 (?). However I do have my Auntie Dulcie's old text book of photos with hand written titles. Auntie Dulcie Elizabeth Williamson was married to Walter (Wally) Williamson - you'll find him on Wikipedia (Uncle Alec Lill, too).
Anyway, though the photos aren't more than snapshots, poorly processed, I still think they are worth saving/showing.
I believe the man standing apart is grandpa (F.W.R. Lill). It was a day trip to Victor Harbor, and they had stopped at Selleck's Beach. It was a great beach to get wonderful rounded rocks from - until it became illegal to do so.
Please do not use any of these personal photos. If you need to, please send a request.

1 comment:

Jillian Crider said...

My grandfather died in 1958 I believe. Frederick William Russon Lill. Born in 1878 I believe, or close to that 29th of December? ~
~Jillian Crider