Sunday, December 5, 2010

Auntie Dulcie's for lunch ...


The only time I ever ate 'brown' bread was at Auntie Dulcie's home. She was just down the street from my Primary School.
I would go there for lunch many days. She was an extremely interesting and fun person. No 'healthy' lunch from her. Her hair would be tucked up in a kerchief, knotted at the front in 50s style, the radio would be on, and we would have fresh bread with candied honey (spun honey) and fresh cream.
Ahhhhh... heaven!
Still a favourite today.
Thank you Auntie Dulcie!

13th April 2012: PS: I found a photo of Auntie Dulcie on Grange Beach - with her scarf. I NEVER thought I'd find a picture to show this, let alone an actual photo. She did all housework in this, it was kind of a common housewife 'thing'. I think this photo is from the 1940s?

1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Henley Airport Transfer