Sunday, June 7, 2015

WWII photos of Japanese from my Uncle's 'Darwin' photos.


There should be a law against NOT putting comments on the back of photos.

This one is a total mystery.

It is from my uncle's collection of photos - he was stationed in Darwin (N.T.) during WWII.
(Walter Williamson - see wikipedia - footballer.)

This photos I've only just now gotten around to scanning it. It's tiny. About 2.25 long by about 1.25 high.

I was totally amazed to see that it was of Japanese soldiers. I remember stories I was told when little. First of Uncle Wally not really being in WWII as he had a 'cushy' post up in Darwin. But later heard stories about bombings and Japanese. How much is memory, how much is fact, I don't know. I will share some of the stories, if someone is interested. I wrote to the war memorial people, but heard nothing back. I have quite a lot more photos of Darwin during WWII. I'll post when I get a chance.

If anyone can shed any light on this one, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

No comments: