Saturday, May 12, 2012

Henley to Grange Parade 1986 Australia Day

As a child I saved pennies to give to the parade people on Australia Day. We would have a lot of family and friends come to our house at 536 (620 until early 60s), on Seaview Rd, as the front lawn was elevated and chairs for the older ladies to sit were put on the path in front of the verandah.
The pennies were collected by walkers and people on floats with long poles with a fabric 'pocket' on the end. Of course we got our rewards too - candies and fresh buns were thrown or given out by the tradespeople in the parade. Everyone always was in good spirits. The Henley to Grange swim between jetties was on the same day.
Here is an old car with members of the Henley Bowling Club. My aunt was a member there, also her daughter, too I think.
I scanned this photo. If someone wants a higher resolution photo for any reason - please contact me. Thank you.

~Jillian

1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Taxi from sonning common