Friday, April 13, 2012

Magic Robot - children's 'game' 1950s


I had a magnetic magic robot game. I didn't play with it much, as being an only child I had noone to play with with it. I never understood why I got games that took more than one child to play - I had to invent imaginary friends, but it didn't work as I always knew what this other me would do!

I knew all the answers to this game and it lost it's charm, but the way it worked with magnets fascinated me.

I don't know what happened to it. Possibly I gave it to my son. I always had to pack up my toys and put them away, so while they were in my care, they 'wore' pretty well. A lot of Australian children's games were either English or based on English games at that time, as we were still learning to be Aussies!

It always fascinated me to get Christmas cards with snow scenes on them. We didn't get snow at all, even though in the south (colder), and definitely not at Christmas. Christmas Day could sometimes be over 100 degrees Farenheit (38C).

No comments: