Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tennis at the Grange, South Australia 1920s

This photo just says "Tennis". I believe this was the Lill tennis court which was next to the house they lived on on Jetty St in Grange, South Australia. The house was the south-east corner of the intersection with Swan Street. #31, now number 29 I believe. My Auntie Dulcie's house was built "where we had our tennis court, next door" I remember being told. Auntie Dulcie Williamson lived at #33, now  31.

The house opposite I believe to be the Talbot's home. I don't know if they still live there. But the build of the home seems to make it that that is indeed this location.

Also the timing seems to be right. I am fairly certain the girl in the middle is Auntie Dulcie. She was born in 1905, from memory, and certainly seems to be a late teen here. I am sure that the girl on the right is Auntie Glad (her sister), who was born in 1908, and seems to be in her teen years here. I have no idea who the others are, family members, friends, neighbours, boyfriends. I just do not know.

No comments: